Monday, April 30, 2007

Photography Meditation


IMG_0361
Originally uploaded by Marilyn P. Sushi.
During my lunch hour I decided to go out for a walk through Central Park. I happen to have had my camera with me so induldged in my on-again/off-again love for photography. I have to say it was pretty quiet even though a lot of folks were out enjoying the weather. I was able to walk at a slow pace and take it all in. I have difficulty walking slow, the "city walk" is my normal walk, I walk fast all the time. I'll leave you in the dust.

While walking I felt so at peace, so calm, my thoughts were not heavy. I wondered if this was what a walking meditation is suppose to be like. I've never done it before, or maybe I have and just not know? I would stop here and there and snap a shot. There is a couple more in my flickr account.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I can't wait to visit my sister in NY and see these wonderful places! :-)

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

hey! i noticed you linked me. i linked you too!

i've wanted to try yoga, but i've never gotten around to it. what's the best way to start?? (lol, weird question?)

Marilyn P. Sushi said...

Hey Cassie. The best way to start? It's different for everyone. What I did was get a dvd and get familiar with the basics first. Then once I felt confident enough in that, I checked out a class at my gym and took it from there. :)