Monday, April 30, 2007

Photography Meditation


IMG_0361
Originally uploaded by Marilyn P. Sushi.
During my lunch hour I decided to go out for a walk through Central Park. I happen to have had my camera with me so induldged in my on-again/off-again love for photography. I have to say it was pretty quiet even though a lot of folks were out enjoying the weather. I was able to walk at a slow pace and take it all in. I have difficulty walking slow, the "city walk" is my normal walk, I walk fast all the time. I'll leave you in the dust.

While walking I felt so at peace, so calm, my thoughts were not heavy. I wondered if this was what a walking meditation is suppose to be like. I've never done it before, or maybe I have and just not know? I would stop here and there and snap a shot. There is a couple more in my flickr account.

3 comments:

ombites (mary) said...

I can't wait to visit my sister in NY and see these wonderful places! :-)

Cassie said...

hey! i noticed you linked me. i linked you too!

i've wanted to try yoga, but i've never gotten around to it. what's the best way to start?? (lol, weird question?)

Cupcakes & Yoga said...

Hey Cassie. The best way to start? It's different for everyone. What I did was get a dvd and get familiar with the basics first. Then once I felt confident enough in that, I checked out a class at my gym and took it from there. :)