Friday, April 13, 2007

I *heart* Krishna Das

I'm listening to Kainchi Hare Krishna by Krishna Das. I'm on my computer working on some stuff and I'm sitting here bopping my head and singing (or chanting) along because it's just a damn good song. It's is a pretty happy song actually (all 15 minutes of it). Then the strangest thing happened. My eyes started tearing up a little. I don't know if it's PMS or what. I'm not sad, I feel fine. Just listening to the song moved me that much. Emotions can be so weird sometimes.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I'm sitting here with a great big smile on my face now. I totally get this! Deva Premal's Gayatri Mantra always does it for me :-)

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I cry without knowing why a lot. Kind of neat just to let the tears flow w/out getting attached to them.

Linda-Sama said...

I also love KD, and any good chanting always makes me cry...

but gotta tell ya, when I hear KD I'm not thinking of bhakti yoga, I'm thinking about how damn sexy his voice sounds....