Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Taking a mental break

I did not exactly have the best long weekend and this morning was pretty bad. So I'm sitting here at work and I am anxiously awaiting class tonight. Now I have learned my lesson last week and I am going to do my best to leave my troubles outside the building of the studio. I'll probably show up early and try to meditate before class. That helps.

This week I'm going to attempt to take three classes (today, tomorrow, Thursday). Finding the time for class is very challenging. Not every studio's schedule works with mine. Ideally, my main studio, Levitate Yoga would have a 5:30 class every day for me but it ain't about me. I'm just thankful that I live in an area where I have my choice of studios to attend in abundance!

I feel like I need to get more practices put in weekly. If I'm serious about a teacher training program, I need to step up my game again. I did it once before, shouldn't be too hard. I really think I should pursue this "yoga thing" more seriously. I really feel like my purpose is to be more involved with it one way or another. Whether it's teaching it or writing about it or just working at a studio (maybe running a studio?). I use to be a Karma Yogi at Levitate for a year and I really enjoyed it. I had to stop because of scheduling but I wish I was still involved other than just taking classes there. I don't know but I have been in a serious funk with my career and how unsatisfying it has been. It's too bad the people I work with are so great, it would make leaving my job that much more difficult.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny..I got away and all..but I didn't have the best long weekend either. Hope your class tonight helps. I love that you're looking more closely about how you might work yoga into a career. Having taught classes here in CA I wouldn't be able to pay my bills is teaching was my sole source of income. :( but there are lots of things to consider and with a touch of creativity I'm sure you could make yoga an incredible career.

Regina said...

It's funny- I just wrote- but have yet to post- a long post about wanting to do more with my yoga- even just talking about it... and writing about it more. Letting others know just all the places a yoga practice can take you.
I hope you are able to find what you need in your career, even if that means a total change.