Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Cupcake Speakers!

How wonderful would Krishna Das or Ram Dass sound coming out of these speakers???


From Semk, these treats can plug into any media player or computer. A friend on Myspace posted this, apparently it's brand spankin' new. You can find more info about it here.

Yesterday evening I think I stood longer on my head than ever before. My upper back is kind of feeling it today. Ooof! Still taking a class later. It is pouring rain outside. I hope it's still like this when I take class later. Something about the sound of rain, aaaah!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, that's hysterical!
I'm okay at Tripod Headstand (though I'm a chicken, so I will forever do them at the wall), but regular Headstand with the forearms on the ground eludes me.

Kaivalya said...

Those speakers look like so much fun - I wonder how they sound?

I love practising on rainy days too. Back when I was in yoga teacher training, a bunch of us used to meet at a house looking out on a ravine. We'd light a fire in the fireplace and watch the snow drifting down outside as we taught each other poses. Good memories!

Re Headstand and back pain: make sure you're not arching your low back in the pose - tuck your tail bone, pull your belly in and lengthen upward!

Marilyn P. Sushi said...

Thanks!!! Any tips on the best way to drop back from a headstand? We tried that not too long ago but I kept feeling that crunch in my lower back but I was pushing my chest forward as much as I humanly could.

Mary said...

Too funny! Love the speakers. I love doing yoga while the rain is falling too. I hope you enjoyed your class :-)

shinyyoga said...

hmmm backpain in the stand? I reckon it would help if you got someone to stand behind you when you're in a wide-legged standing forward bend, and get them to lift yr hips up up UP and see if you can lift your legs from there.

It's about corestrength, and gee, it's tough! coming down should be the same - slow and stead, try to extend your spine up and up and up..

of course, this stuff is hard to write.. hope you get there soon hon!

ps - i asked my boss at work for these speakers.. I want them! x