Monday, August 27, 2007

LEMOOOOON!


Bild 252
Originally uploaded by o´holysweet!
lemon yoghurt cupcake
lemoncurd
vanilla cream frosting

The title is suppose to sound like Bono singing that god awful song from Zooropa.

I have been taking it easy since my last entry. Haven't don't much physical activity due to my hip. I haven't taken any classes at all. The discomfort is still there and I feel like the anti-inflammatories are not doing much for me.

I'm also fighting off a cold, ugh.

I hope to take a class tomorrow and see if I can get any tips for taking care of my hip. I don't think external rotations are much of a problem for me but I definitely don't want to do anything to flare things up. But I need to practice! My body is screaming for it. In the meantime I have been creating a bunch of stuff for my Etsy shop. I don't bring that up much here because I'm too busy plugging it everywhere else but that's what's I've been doing.

Hope all of you are well!

4 comments:

Total Health Yoga - Kris said...

The cupcakes look tasty :-) Now about that hip.... interesting that is feels fine during a practice. Do you do a heated practice? Are you careful to lift away from the hip in poses such as Trikonasana/Triangle? I know it's not Iyengar approved, but I find that a little lift away from the front leg is safer for the hip joint and gives the QL on the low back a nice opening. I'm guessing you've already been told to ice the area as well. As much as I dislike icing (not the cupcake kind!), it's a great idea.
Love,
KK

Small City Styles said...

Sorry about your hip. I hope if gets better soon.

I have a question for you. Do you work at a cupcake place? Where do you find all of these different types of cupcakes? I'm new to this blog so that might have been said early on.

Cupcakes & Yoga said...

KK - No heated practice, just a regular vinyasa practice. I'm usually pretty mindful of where my hips are in standing poses. Trikonanasa is one of my favorites and I always lift upward away from hips so I don't sink into them.

SCS - LOL I don't work at a cupcake place, that would be the end of me if I did. Flickr is my friend. :) I find neat cupcake images on there.

rand(om) bites said...

Bwahaha...I had that song in mind when I saw the title! Good luck with the class hon and I hope you get some ace tips. Get better soon!