Thursday, March 20, 2008

Hanumanasana

Lately my teacher has been kicking it up a notch or two or ten. We recently had a request to work on this pose, everyone jokingly grumbled but we pulled through....barely. The first pose we did was Hanumanasana, my body wasn't warmed up but you know what? An hour later after doing it again for what felt like the 50th time, there was no change. Bummer. I continue to do my stretches for my Quadriceps muscles and while it is helping in Supta Virasana, it's gonna take a longer in this case. How's your Hanumanasana?

7 comments:

Mary said...

Great photo and I actually like this pose but that doesn't mean I can do it. I have a long way to go with opening up my hips etc. It's cool that you gave it a go more than once!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is such a beautiful pose.

Hanumanasana is one of my killer asanas. I have gone on to improving on many other poses but with this, I am still inches off the floor!

A said...

I can go down all the way on the left side, but I can't on the right. Cool pic.

Taraesque said...

Is this essentially just a split? I could do this on my left side, too, without any problem... but my right side is much tighter. Hmmm...

Marilyn P. Sushi said...

Tara, this isn't exactly a regular split because your hips should be both facing forward like in Warrior 1. The more common splits have your hips splayed out like Warrior 2....I use to be able to do that when I was little.

Connie said...

that looks painful lol i wish i was that flexible

Unknown said...

I have started Yoga last 5 months and it is wonderful .The best thing is I have lost inches but not weight.
Relationship Coaching