Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Rusty Dusty

I practiced last night for the first time in about two weeks and boy did it feel like it. This is why I could never do those 21 day in a row commitments, I can't commit. My legs just felt incredibly tired where even the Warrior poses were a challenge. I know it's my own fault for lacking discipline and making up excuses. Early on in my practice I use to go to class a lot more and then once I moved further away from work my priority became "Get home at a decent time!!!!" My priorities are just stupid I tell ya. I tried looking for studios closer to home and the pickings are slim. It doesn't help that I do not drive (another excuse). One of my goals this year is to finally get my drivers license.

My head is just in a very weird space right now. There are things going on at work (I'll spare you the details) and I know I am not going to be here for much longer, maybe by the summer I'm out. It is kind of voluntary but it's also not because I can kind of see the direction my job is going and I don't see myself a part of it. I am actually excited as I am seeing this as a positive change but I'm also scared of what lies ahead. *breathe*

2 comments:

Mary said...

Hey, I was just saying today that I wanted to finally get my driver's licence too! I'm involved in so many things now that the time it takes to lesiurely get home on a bus/train isn't viable.

I hear you about the job thing too and that's why I am studying as well now. Big deep breathe hon, whatever you decide, you can only go forward! No regrets.

Anonymous said...

I'm in a kind of similiar situation with my job. I know I won't be there too much longer because of the direction things are going. I just don't want to be a part of it. And I'm trying to take this opportunity to move into something very new that I really love - not just another job that will eventually go sour.

I am wishes us both very good luck! :)